Fire Safety Tips
Did you know that if a fire starts in your homeyou may have as little as two minutes to escape?During a fire, early warning from a working smoke alarm plus a fire escape plan that has been practiced regularly can save lives. Learn what else to do to keep your loved ones safe!
Top Tips for Fire Safety
- Install smoke alarms on every level of your home, inside bedrooms and outside sleeping areas.
- Test smoke alarms every month. If they’re not working, change the batteries.
- Talk with all family members about a fire escape plan and practice the plan twice a year.
- If a fire occurs in your home,GET OUT, STAY OUT and CALL FOR HELP.
- Never go back inside for anything or anyone.
- And after you’ve done all you can, executed your fire safety plan and the fire is put out, remember that SERVPRO is dedicated to responding immediately, day or night, to yourhome or business. A faster response helps to prevent secondary damage and to reduce cost.
- Tips from the American Red Cross <http://www.redcross.org/get-help/prepare-for-emergencies/types-of-emergencies/fire>
EVERY YEAR, NFPA surveys a sample of public fire departments in the United States, stratified by the size of the community they protect, to project national estimates of the country’s fire problem. Based upon the data we received in response to our 2015 National Fire Experience Survey, we estimate that public fire departments in the U.S. responded to 1,345,500 fires last year, a highly significant increase of 3.7 percent from 2014.
SERVPRO of Abilene can help you get your life back in order!