Be Prepared Before You Loose Power at Your Business
Extreme weather conditions are becoming more common each year. With bad weather often comes immense blizzards, powerful wind gales, and awe-inspiring electrical storms. These storm conditions can occur suddenly, and your business may find itself in the middle of a blackout condition when electricity comes to a standstill during a workday. A power outage in Abilene can be frustrating, but if your company is prepared, the outage needn’t be devastating. Here are a few tips to help you weather almost any storm. Plan Ahead Losing data, production time, and possible revenue can disrupt your business for more than the length of the storm. By planning ahead, you can help your company get back to business quickly with very little trouble after a power disruption. Here are a few things to include in your survival plan:
• Flashlights – To ease fear and promote safe movement.
• Portable generator and fuel – A portable source of power for emergency electricity that can be critical in heating, lighting, and preventing injuries.
• Bottled water – For customer and employee safety.
• UPS stations - To protect computer files and allow employees to save work during an outage.
• Safe room – A protected area which individuals can gather within during extreme weather.
• Disaster Help – A number to call for restoration specialists, if needed. You may have a plan in place in case of a power outage. You may have signs all over the company with explicit instructions regarding possible outages. You may even mention details of your preparedness plan at a monthly meeting. The problem is, however, people sometimes panic when they feel a loss of control in the dark. To alleviate any possible fear or concerns, run a blackout test two or three times a year. Not only can your employees be more prepared, but this may also help insure your portable generator is working correctly. Defeat Panic!
Abilene may have unpredictable weather conditions at times, but your company can be prepared for the unexpected. If a power outage hits your business, keep work flowing and employees calm by planning ahead. Visit SERVPROOfAbilene.com for more tips.